Let’s face it, developing new blog ideas can be a struggle. With the increased amount of digital content distributed daily, creating relevant blog articles that resonate with our target audience, can be an even bigger challenge.
Check out these twenty-one blog ideas to help you brainstorm for fresh topics and to help develop your content strategy for 2021:
- Current trends and your companies response.
- Post educational information or “how-to” tips (general or product specific).
- Discuss a problem within your industry and how you’re company is adapting to it.
- Work as a team to create a company culture blog article.
- Choose a topic that’s relevant to your services and current events. Try creating a three-part series.
Product, Service, Marketing Blog:
- Create “Top 10 lists for your industry”. Top 10 best places to learn X, Top 10 industry experts on Twitter, etc.
- Develop a resource list. If customers regularly ask you for information on a specific topic, you can help them by making it an online resource on your blog.
- Share “how-to” videos.
- Develop an article that offers gated content.
- Develop a survey and promote engagement. Be sure to post the results!
- If you’re active on Twitter, you can share your weekly “top tweets”. That way, readers who don’t use Twitter can keep up with our latest news, and readers who tweet will want to follow you.
- Don’t forget to mention your other social networks. For example, highlight discussions you’re having on LinkedIn and encourage readers to join the conversation.
- Tell your readers about your upcoming online events/webinars, either that you’re hosting or that you’ll be attending.
- Provide insight and comment on the latest news in your industry.
- Reformat press releases into blog posts to highlight your latest news.
- Report about an online event you’re attending, in real-time.
Interviews & Case Studies:
- Profile a staff member. Share stories about their work and why they’re involved with your company.
- Interview leaders or colleagues in the industry about a hot topic.
- Post case studies that highlight the value of your services.
- Guest posts or video case studies from your delighted customers.
- Post vlogs from your partners and industry thought leaders.
If you’re still unsure about where to start, have a look at your current inventory and search for opportunities for improvement. Repurposing old blog content can be a less expensive option for creating new content while providing opportunities to branch out into new digital formats.
When reviewing old posts, ask yourself:
- Is the information relevant?
- Does it still speak to my buyer persona?
- How effective is my offer?
- Would the blog benefit from reformatting? A vlog, webinar, or podcast?
Creating digital content is at the center of Inbound Marketing, so don’t let writer’s block slow you down. Use these blog ideas, along with your current blog artillery, to continue to engage, convert, and delight your prospects and customers.
If you’d like to learn more about inbound marketing or need help developing a content strategy, let us know!